Long Term Goals
1. Develop a four-season, multi-use trail system in the Glacier/Winner Creek Valley.
2. Create a sustainable nonprofit structure to maintain, groom, and enhance trail system.
3. Create dedicated trail system in the Girdwood Valley.
4. Integrate trail system with other local trails.
5. Offer ski programs, clinics, competition, and instruction for residents and visitors.
The Trail System
The Girdwood Nordic Ski Club constructed a new Nordic trail system here in Girdwood. Statewide Clearing Inc. created a temporary access route, and completed the trail system in 2014. The wood chipped bed that you see from the end of Arlberg Road (shown on the map in pink) is the temporary construction access route. The 5K loop begins up trail one Kilometer, and skis in a counter-clockwise direction.